Just scanned these monoprints. I made them in January from leaves collected this fall.
I did a new series of botanical prints for my girls on Valentines day. The red is a Rose Madder and the green is a sap green from Buckthorn berries. Both pigments from Kramer Pigments here in New York, and then hand ground. The paper is arches 88 dyed with green tea using an alumn mordant.
Floppy was born today. Sheeba needed a lot of help learning how to be a good mother, which Kali miraculously provided. Here she is keeping vigil.
I was so surprised when this orchid bloomed again a few months ago, it really was on the brink, having not been watered for many months, probably over half a year.
I cut it back, taking off the old flower stem, following some instructions i found on the internet, and put it in my daughters room, which is mostly north facing. I only watered it once, maybe twice a month and was rewarded just around the new year with some new buds.
I have been using it as a drawing model when the weather is inclement.